Monday, March 26, 2012

named instances

how can I find all the named instances of SQL Server on a server? I want to
compare my licneses to what is really out there.rich,
One can use WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) to query the services
available on a server. Each SQL Server instance requires a separate service.
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hwdev...mi/default.mspx
Chief Tenaya
"rich" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:DA7C7BB2-8EA2-4DC5-8048-4E8F94E0B6E4@.microsoft.com...
> how can I find all the named instances of SQL Server on a server? I want
to compare my licneses to what is really out there.|||You can find information on this at www.sqldev.net You may
want to take a look at the following utility available at
the site:
http://www.sqldev.net/misc/ListSQLSvr.htm
-Sue
On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 07:31:13 -0700, "rich"
<anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>how can I find all the named instances of SQL Server on a server? I want to compar
e my licneses to what is really out there.|||You could also take a look at the services on the machine. Anything
starting with MSSQL is an instance of SQL/MSDE.
Thanks,
Kevin McDonnell
Microsoft Corporation
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment