Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Named Pipes problem

We have just installed SQL server on a Win 2003 server. We are getting the
following error message when we try to use it from the 2003 machine.
A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error
occurred during the login process. (Provider: Named Pipes. Provider error
0 -
No process is on the other end of the Pipe.)
I am a networking guy and I don't know much about SQL (I just set up the
server) The Database guy is asking me for advice.
Next time you ask a question here, mention wich version of SQL youre using.
Check this article.
http://error.codebetter.com/blogs/sahil.malik/archive/2005/11/05/134318.aspx
I drank alot of beer and ended up in the police department database.
Drank more beer and learned SQL in the dark hours.
DELETE FROM offenders WHERE Title=''MrAA'' AND Year=2006;
I love SQL
"pogo" wrote:

> We have just installed SQL server on a Win 2003 server. We are getting the
> following error message when we try to use it from the 2003 machine.
> A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error
> occurred during the login process. (Provider: Named Pipes. Provider error
> 0 -
> No process is on the other end of the Pipe.)
> I am a networking guy and I don't know much about SQL (I just set up the
> server) The Database guy is asking me for advice.
>
>
|||Sorry, Version is 2005 standard. Thanks for the info I'll try it.
"Hate_orphaned_users" <Hateorphanedusers@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:5460A768-4DF6-4671-BFF2-BE2384F462D9@.microsoft.com...[vbcol=seagreen]
> Next time you ask a question here, mention wich version of SQL youre
> using.
> Check this article.
> http://error.codebetter.com/blogs/sahil.malik/archive/2005/11/05/134318.aspx
>
> --
> I drank alot of beer and ended up in the police department database.
> Drank more beer and learned SQL in the dark hours.
> DELETE FROM offenders WHERE Title=''MrAA'' AND Year=2006;
> I love SQL
>
>
> "pogo" wrote:
|||Books Online also describes this error in the topic: "Troubleshooting: No
Process is on the Other End of the Pipe"
Rick Byham (MSFT)
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"pogo" <xx@.xx.com> wrote in message
news:uT9RyDZYHHA.408@.TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Sorry, Version is 2005 standard. Thanks for the info I'll try it.
>
> "Hate_orphaned_users" <Hateorphanedusers@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message news:5460A768-4DF6-4671-BFF2-BE2384F462D9@.microsoft.com...
>
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment